Tuesday 8 June 2010

A letter to the Senate Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs

Dear Sir/Madam,
I write to express my disapproval of the proposed Migration Amendment
(Visa Capping) Bill 2010. Although I support the ability to expand and
contract the number of visa places according to demand for particular
skills, I do not understand why section 91AB Effect of Visa Cap is
necessary. Why can applications simply not be rolled over to the next
year to allow applicants to remain in the queue? If bridging visas etc.
are cancelled prior to an application being approved, the application
can be cancelled at that point not before hand.

This bill will create undue stress on visa applicants and is yet another
example of our society treating our guests as a lower class of humanity.

yours sincerely,
Jeremy Nagel
Australian citizen

----
Tan Time Trial on Saturday. It was a very cold morning with lots of fog and that ended up being my downfall. Lungs were burning after 2k and I could feel an asthma attack coming on, so decided it wasn't worth doing another lap. Did 4k in 14:30, which I was quite happy with given the conditions and how little running I've been doing lately (probably did 60k the whole of June lol!).

No comments: