Wednesday 12 May 2010

Weirdest shit

Riding home on the bike path near Glen Iris station, I see a car _on_ the [off road] bike path behind the vehicle barriers, maneuvering to try to get out. Riding past, I yell out "Get off the bike path you idiot!" only to look over my shoulder 50 m later and see headlights coming towards me. "Shit!" I get off the path and unclip from my pedals, preparing to make a dash for it, breathing a sigh of relief as he just drives past me, quite smoothly, without showing signs of being affected by intoxicants, and proceeds around the corner, where a very narrow bridge and a river, swollen by rain, await. What happened next, I'm not sure. A call to the cops to report the likely stolen car fails thanks to my shitty phone running out of batteries (excellent motivation to finally do something about that!). Having gathered my courage and started riding again, I notice skid marks leading into the river next to the bridge.....

5 comments:

Anand said...

Good to hear you're getting a bit of agro about you on the bike, but im at a bit of a loss as to why youd want to call the police?

Matt said...

Next ride to work you may see a police diving team 'investigating'

Jeremy Nagel said...

You are clear that I meant the gardiner creek bike path right..? Behind the Iris Buffet. That is fucking weird behaviour and I could only surmise that the car was stolen.

Anand said...

I thought you meant around holmesglen for some reason. Either way i didnt get the feeling that the car was stolen from the story, but then again i aint the sharpest tool in the shed.

Matt said...

for some reason I thought of Main Yarra trail once I read "skid marks leading into the river" which would have made the story much more interesting