Tuesday 20 April 2010

A reinvention

This blog has seen fewer posts lately due mainly to running taking a lower priority in my life (but I haven't stopped don't worry). I've been doing a lot of other things lately, and it struck me that I should really be writing it all down. I love the idea of being able to capture the person I am right now so that I can look back in five, ten, fifty years time and not only have an accurate record of what I was actually doing, but also be able to see the way that my thoughts, beliefs and personality change (hopefully in an evolutionary fashion) over time.

For this reason, I've decided to branch out on the blog. It will still be about running, but will feature many other parts of my life as well as issues that I think are important. Expect to see posts about veganism, technology, climate change, science (synthetic biology in particular), poverty alleviation, investing, nutrition and whatever else I find fascinating at the time.

My aim is to write a quick (30 minutes) post twice a week. I think this will be very valuable, not only for the reasons I mentioned earlier, but also because it will give me a chance to step back and review where my life is going. I often get so absorbed in what I'm doing that I don't look at the bigger picture, and I think blogging will force me to consider the broader themes.

---
Quick fitness update:
Haven't been doing much volume at all. Probably about 150k of cycling (commuting) and 30-40k of running per week. Despite that, I'm seeing big improvements due to the high intensity workouts that I am fitting in. Quite a revelation for me, as I had previously been very much a high volume man, and am starting to think that this is definitely the better way to go.

Haven't set any PBs, but have been putting in some good workouts that show I'm in the best shape of my life. Feeling very strong:)

No comments: