Sunday 23 January 2011

You've gotta sprint

Last night I was catching the train to the city. I was 500m away from the station, when I saw the train pulling in. It was too far to get there in time, my legs were still complaining about the 56k run I'd done five days prior, so of course I sprinted. I'd just reached the platform when it took off.

This morning the same thing happened. I was 500m away. I sprinted. It took me the same amount of time. But today I got on the train. A lady in a wheelchair was waiting and the driver got out to help her on. It took another 30 seconds.

The moral of the story is sometimes it feels like a goal is impossible. Sometimes you try and you fail. But you have to keep trying. Because sometimes, luck will be on your side and you'll get on that train. But if you don't sprint, put your heart and soul into what you do, you'll never know success. If you don't go full out, if you walk for that train, you've failed before you begin.

No comments: