Sunday 21 June 2009

Overdid it

Haha, overconfidence killed the cat. Did an easy 6k this morning and felt my right leg twinging behind the knee. Didn't think it would be _too_ big of a deal, but during the course of my 80k ride with the SOB (Sydney or Bust) boys, it got steadily worse. Can hardly walk, let alone run now. Hopefully it won't entail too much time off and I'll be able to get back into running soon. I don't think it's as bad as before. Just feels like I strained the tendon/muscle a bit rather than completely pulling it out of whack like the first time it happened on the track about six weeks ago.

I did feel it during the race, so it's not entirely unexpected. Leg obviously still doesn't like running fast. With six weeks until the next race, I'm hoping that things will just resolve themselves.

No comments: